Thursday, July 20, 2006

Relaxing on the California Coast

After meeting my buddy John in Modesto Sunday night, we packed up the bikes and ran (and I mean RAN) for the coast to get away from the head (108F when we left Monday afternoon). It was too much for me, I guess the Californian in me has been replaced by a Pacific Northwesterner.. LOL.

Right now it's early Thursday morning, the fog is just starting to lift off the landscape. It's going to be another incredible day. It's also the beginin of the purpose of this trip. Tonight we reach Monterey, the home of the United States round of the MotoGP. Last year was just fantastic. We had general admission passes (last minute purchase since I was not sure I would have had the time off last year).

This time around we are going VIP, or semi-VIP with the HCRA Chalet package ($400 a pop but I'm sure worth every penny as the sun beats down on us). Can't wait to get down there and start checking out the happenings at the track! Trucks, teams, riders should all be arriving in town by this morning. The place will be crazy!

Also tonight we'll be meeting up with some of my Seattle friends that rode down a different route. We'll be having dinner at The Blue Fin down on Cannery Row. It's always a fun place to hang out, get some food, play some pool and watch the general mayhem down on CR that happens every year around the races. I doubt this year will be much different.

I havn't taken too many photos around Santa Cruz in the 3 days here. I guess.. it's such a familiar sight to me that I just didn't think about taking many pics, although I snapped off a couple yesterday.

Shot of the Boardwalk along the beach:



Odd sight, at least to me. The freight train rolling literally right down the main street amidst the hussle and bussle:



That is all for now. I'm to re-pack and get down the coast. I'll post more as time and internet connections allow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home