Monday, July 17, 2006

Day 4 of the journey

Today is for resting. It took 2 hours to reach Modesto from Napa yesterday. There was no traffic to speak of and everyone had the hammer down. How quickly I forget how people drive down here without the over-bearing presence of the State Highwayman we deal with up north. As far as the highways go, WA is, by all accounts a 'Police State'. In 3 days here, I've seen only 1 CHP car, it was undercover (well very unmarked) and it was blasting along in traffic with everyone else.

Getting back to the story. Hwy 12 out of Napa was the ticket. Followed that to 680 south for a few miles then caught Hwy 4 East, then south to Tracy and finally down to Modesto arriving at 7:00pm. Waiting for me there was cold beer, a swimming pool and 101F tempurature (but, it's a dry heat... so they tell me).

It was not long before we started up the BBQ and discovered the beer supply was woefuly lacking. So.. into my buddies Porsche and off to the store, the long way. What a hoot.. I really do need to get me one of them thar Porshy thangs. :)

After a great meal I was able to convince John that a trip out the the Lazy-A lounge was in order. Of course that did not require much arm twisting. Much to our surprise the place was packed on a Sunday night! Oh.. and the enterainment... wow.. that was by far the best set of entertainers old man Antonio has ever had in there! We stayed until closing time, came back to the house, dropped into the pool to cool off... watched a replay of the MotoGP race then passed out some time around 4:00am. It was a grand way to wrap up the 'weekend'. :)

This computer is borrowed so I don't have the latest pictures I took available for upload at the moment, however more will soon follow. For now.. it's time to re-pack the bike and get ready to head back to Santa Cruz on the coast.

More to follow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home