Thursday, August 18, 2005

ARG - Still on Colorado.. - also playing with GPS

Latest Shipping Info


Spoke with the shipping company again today. I noticed that it had arrived in Denver yesterday around 9:00am and has not registered an updates since. They confirmed that the truck is picking up a load in Denver also bound for Everett. The new target delivery time will be late Saturday night meaning probable picked next week on Monday if things do not change (that is still withing thier initial delivery window so I should not take any issue with that at all and I'm not). Just wishing it was hear already... that's all.



Garmin GPSMAP 76


Been playing with this thing all week. Really liking it. Specifications are not up to snuff compared to the latest and greatest but those that own one and have been using it for a while gave it rave reviews. Ease of use and most of all ruggedness!!

One of the interesting things that I discovered is that (according to the GPS) our house is about 250 ft. in elevation above sea level. No wonder the hill seems so steep!

Backlight on the unit is a pleasant greenish color, nicer than the yellow/organge of my previous Garmin unit. It's such a neat little unit that I want to go drive around or take some ferry rides just to check out the function! I'll have more to say about it and some pics once I purchase the more details map software available for the unit.

Probably should look into a mounting unit within the car as well.. why not..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home